Copper Theft Detection and Earthing Integrity Monitoring
CuTS® technology monitors earthing infrastructure in real time for theft, degradation and failure, providing operating companies with immediate, accurate intelligence on safety risks and service status.
- Protecting staff and public from death and serious injury
- Minimising outage risk and unplanned maintenance
- Reducing consequential damages and other financial loss
- CuTS® – Detecting earthing theft and degradation as it happens
- Integrates with existing security & control infrastructure eg SCADA
- Reports degradation of safety infrastructure
- Proactively anticipate faults/optimise maintenance
- Root cause analysis
- Quick fault resolution
- Reduce operational down time for services
- Meet contractual performance commitments
CuTS® is a scalable solution designed for service environments where safety and continuity are paramount. CuTS® technology monitors earthing infrastructure in real time for theft, degradation and failure providing operating companies with immediate, accurate intelligence on asset status. Enhancing site safety protects staff and public from death and serious injury, minimises outage risk and unplanned maintenance thereby reducing consequential damages and other financial loss.
Typical applications include:
- Substation grounding
- Power cables
- Mobile base station grounding
- General site grounding
- Communications site grounding
- Substation grounding
CuTS® monitors metallic infrastructure for change due to cutting/removal, damage or degradation. The CuTS® tamperproof module incorporates a unique and patented inductance sensor that is sensitive to small changes in inductance down to 0.02 micro Henrys. When the sense wires detect a change beyond pre-set and adjustable thresholds, the unit alarm is activated. Filter intelligence and thresholds are designed to ensure normal operating conditions and other events do not result in false alarms. The unit has been designed to manage non relevant spurious site conditions such as voltages, ground connectivity, fault conditions or electrical discharges.
Set up of the system for each application/installation is achieved through simple tuning/adjustment at installation via the CuTS® management interface. This management software provides manual tuning options, as well as enabling real-time assessment of the monitoring of a site either locally or remotely. The unit includes a M2M modem which is used to communicate alerts and configure/manage the unit.
How it Works
- CuTS® monitors metallic infrastructure for change due to cutting, removal, damage or degradation
- CuTS® system looks for changes in the monitored infrastructure inductance characteristics
- The monitored infrastructure is coupled into a sensing circuit via sense wire inputs which detects minor changes (down to below 0.02μH)
- When change occurs beyond the adjustable thresholds, the unit alarm is activated sending secure alerts
- Filter thresholds include extent of change detected and duration of change – this copes with site faults and other events
Clients are provided with their own Portal Dashboard from where they can monitor all sites and activity. Examples of client data that is available through the Portal Dashboard are shown below:
All sites status table
Site map view
Contact us for a full demonstration of the CuTS Copper Theft Detection & Earthing Integrity Monitoring system.